About JRMC Family Medical and Dental Center
JRMC consistently engages in community outreach activities that improve healthcare access within our region.
JRMC is committed to responsible stewardship of all resources, and proudly builds strategic partnerships that support our mission.
An FQHC, or Federally Qualified Health Center, is a nonprofit or public community health center that fulfills certain health service criteria and receives specific government reimbursements and funding.
FQHCs do a lot, but the most important services we provide are:
- Comprehensive primary care. FQHCs offer primary care for all age groups, as well as mental, substance abuse and dental health services. We also partner with other community, health, and social organizations to make sure patients have access to a full range of care.
- A sliding fee discount program. Sliding fee programs are based on an individual’s income and family size. They allow patients to pay based on their ability to pay so that you never have to pay more than you can.
- Service to a Medically Underserved Area or Population. Medically Underserved Areas and Populations, or MUA/MUPs, have limited access to medical care or have higher medical needs than services available to them. In other words, we provide health services to the people who need them most.
- We will provide you with medical care regardless of your ability to pay and regardless of your insurance status.
We will work something out for you. We can even help you get temporary insurance and assistance in applying for programs to help pay for services.
FQHCs get government reimbursements under Medicare & Medicaid. They also qualify for federal funding through Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act, but they do not necessarily have to receive the funding to be considered an FQHC.
FQHCs level the playing field. We will not deny you healthcare because you do not have insurance, you are not a U.S. Citizen, or you cannot afford medical care. FQHCs exist to provide care to everyone who needs it.
The needs of our community govern the programs and partnerships we build and the services we provide to the public. We strive to improve the health and quality of life for our patients, as we empower them to make healthy choices. We do this by:
- Delivering quality, community-based primary care services in a culturally sensitive manner with integrity and respect for our patients
- Providing education, resources, and support in areas of preventive care, personal health management, and health insurance
- Offering health programs and screenings tailored to the specific medical concerns of our community
- Ensuring that our services are affordable, accessible and comprehensive so that all who seek medical care here can find it with dignity
Do you need help with something more specific?
Contact us and we will find you the services you need.